Welcome to the New Mexico Cancer
Prevention and Control Section
The Cancer Prevention and Control Section is dedicated to promoting the health of New Mexicans through comprehensive cancer prevention and control efforts. Our programs aim to:
- Reduce New Mexicans’ risks for developing cancer
- Increase appropriate cancer screening and early detection
- Improve access to high-quality cancer treatment and care
- Address quality-of-life issues for people affected by cancer
- Promote coordination and collaboration among organizations and agencies working on cancer-related issues across the state
- Eliminate disparities in cancer incidence, morbidity, mortality and care in New Mexico.
The Cancer Prevention and Control Section includes the Comprehensive Cancer Program, the Colorectal Cancer Program and the Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program.